Laura Geller Beauty

Saturday, June 10, 2017

How to Use a Vera Bradley Ditty Bag

I just wrapped up my Vera Bradley Ditty Bag video and I thought I'd include more uses for this versatile piece. I talked about my own experiences in the video, but there are so many more ways to use it! If you aren't familiar with it, you don't know what you're missing. It's plastic lined, so the beautiful fabric on the outside doesn't get wet. I easily wash mine with my regular clothes and then line dry them. My fabric ones have faded a tiny bit, but that's after 10 or so years of use! My A to Z Ditty Bag still looks brand new, I use it a lot in my videos, and I use it the most of all my Ditty Bags. Let's check out all the ways to use this remarkable bag!

  1. Holding swimwear and/or beach towels. We used to live near the beach and now my oldest swims at the local indoor water park a lot. This is what I've used it the most for. I'm actually currently writing at the water park while he's swimming. It easily fits both his wet swimsuit and his beach towel. Even if all three of my kids were here, I could fit all three of their wet towels and swimsuits inside it.

  1. Holding diapers, yes, dirty diapers. You can't just leave them at the beach and I didn't always have access to a trash can right away. My oldest and I would go to the beach a few times a month by ourselves, so it wasn't like I had help. Man I miss those times! I would throw his wet swim diaper into the bag, grab some McDonald's for the way home, and toss the diaper there. He'd eat a few fries and sleep the rest of the way home. Very grateful for that, traffic home could be a nightmare!

  1. Holding shoes. As I write, I have my A to Z next to me with his wet flip flops inside it, so it doesn't get my pretty Citrine Drawstring Bag dirty or wet. He walked through a big puddle to get to the bench to take off his shirt and flip flops. I've also used it to pack shoes in my luggage. We walk through so much... I don't want dirty soles to touch my clean laundry or my toiletries!

  1. Holding toiletries. No one said you could have just one! You've got your shoes in one, toiletries in another! I've done this a lot. I used the Ditty Bag for all three hospital trips to have my kids. I've traveled with mine a lot! It even holds  liter sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner with plenty of room to spare!

  1. Laundry Bag for traveling. How fantastic is it to throw your dirty clothes in these, and then go home to just dump it right into the washer!? If you take a couple, you could separate by whites and colors, or however you sort your laundry. Now for long trips this bag may not be big enough, but for weekend or overnight trips, this would work!

  1. Organizer for whatever. You don't have to travel with the Ditty Bag. There are plenty of reasons at home to use one! Keep all your hair supplies together, make up, school/art supplies, etc.

  1. Throw storage. What a great idea! Taking a throw somewhere? Just looking to keep it nice in storage? Roll up your throw and put it in a Ditty bag.

  1. Use as a knitting bag. I don't knit. I don't craft. I'll beg my family to craft for me. I'll buy them with pleasure. Those that knit say that the Ditty bag is great to hold their knitting supplies, both on the road and at home.

  1. Use as a trash Bag. I slightly cringe when I think of using a Ditty bag as a trash bag for your car, but it's possible! You could loops the handles around the headrest. If you've got liquids, the Ditty Bag won't allow for spills to seep through to your car floor. I can't guarantee smells wouldn't permeate, but I could see wrappers, tissue, and soda cans being put in the Ditty Bag. Just dump it whenever you fill up for gas; it really is a convenient idea.


  1. Holding snacks. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the number one use of a Ditty Bag, even though it's my number 10. It's not insulated, but you could put juice boxes, water bottles, and snacks all into one Ditty Bag. If you're like me and sometimes don't close a lid tight enough, the Ditty Bag will contain the spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment