Laura Geller Beauty

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Top 10 Worst Vera Bradley Patterns


Not everything for Vera Bradley can be a grand slam, right? A company over 30 years old is bound to have some bummers!
1.Riviera Blue – January 2008 – October 2009 – one of the worst selling patterns for Vera Bradley and I can see why.

The blah circle designs paired with blah yellow and a blah shade of blue. Did I mention that horrible yellow?

2.Loves Me – January 2010 – November 2010 – this pattern had so much going for it! Just the name alone got me excited. Visions of daisies danced in my head.
Then I saw it. I've never had a first reaction at a pattern like I did this one. My friends and I were at the annual Tickled Pink Event hosted at the Vera Bradley warehouse in Fort Wayne. We went into a room to watch a video about Vera Bradley and a bag was sitting on a table just inside in the newest breast cancer pattern. A friendly employee chirped, “How do you like Loves Me?” We were polite and said we liked it and moved on. In reality, I felt like a balloon deflated inside me. They took a great pattern and doused it with Pepto Bismo. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought this way. Loves Me did not sell well.

3.Puccini – July 2008 – November 2009 –

when this pattern came out, it wouldn't have made my top 10 worst list. I liked it. I bought the Messenger bag in it. Looking back, it surprises me I'd want that pattern. The design is pretty, and apparently Vera really thought so too because they also made it in Mediterranean White and Mediterranean Blue. I don't care for white patterns because they look dingy quickly (especially with kids), but with my love of blue, you'd think I'd prefer Mediterranean Blue. Nope, I went with the dull brown. Big mistake.
4.Zebras – April 2001 – January 2003 –

another blah pattern. Black background, forgetful shade of brown with zebras. Zebras < Elephants. I remember seeing a gently used Small Duffel in this pattern at the Fort Wayne Goodwill for $50. I chuckled and walked on by.
5.Rosewood Chips – October 2015 – May 2015 –

Thankfully this hideous pattern only came in the throw, PJ pants, and umbrella to my knowledge. Otherwise, it would be closer to number one. I get it, Vera Bradley took the Rosewood color scheme and applied a geometric design. Who dropped the ball in telling the designers this was only a good idea in theory?
6.Canyon – August 2012 – May 2013 –
when you look at the color swatch, it's a pretty pattern. However, on bags this pattern fell flat. Many brown-based Vera Bradley patterns do. I do like the shade of blue for the interior and appreciate the attempt at the southwest theme. It's just a dull shade of brown, there's nothing there to draw you to it.

7.Priscilla Pink – March 2012 – February 2013 –
I'm not a big pink fan, but I'm not sure I can immediately pick out exactly why I don't like this pattern. Maybe the light shade of pink? The overtly girlishness of the pattern? Too much white? I don't know.
8.Provencal – August 2012 – May 2013 –
I'm not a yellow fan either. I am very pale and this shade of yellow looks terrible on me. However, I can do this pattern in small doses, the accessories are cute. I also think women with darker skin tones look great with this pattern. However my Casper-like paleness excludes this pattern from me.

9.Portobello Road – August 2013 – May 2013 –
wow another pattern from 2012-2013!!  I just now realized it. Lots of swings and misses these two years. The swatch is deceiving. This pattern has a lot of light gray in it and very little purple and green. Very boring. However, my first throw was in this pattern and I love it. The grays pair well in my household color schemes.
10.Pop Art – Current –
I love the multiple colors and the simple design. But why black?? It's like there are black holes randomly in this pattern just sucking in all the color around it. Take out the black and I think it's a decent pattern. Not great, but decent.


No comments:

Post a Comment