Laura Geller Beauty

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Top 10 best named Vera Bradley Patterns

1.Frankly Scarlet – July 2008 – May 2009 –
As an avid Gone with the Wind fan, of course this is my favorite pattern name of all time. Although I think of a scarlet as a deeper red, than the bright pinkish red that is actually on the pattern, the name alone made me want to buy a bag in Frankly Scarlet.

2.Loves Me – January 2010 – November 2010 –
Although the pattern made my Top 10 Worst Patterns list, the name itself conjures dreams of my youthful past, plucking flowers, certain they would tell me whoever was my fancy of the month adored me in return.

3.Paprika – September 2009 – September 2010 –
Again, a little biased here. Paprika got me through endless egg breakfasts when I had gestational diabetes with two of my pregnancies. Aside from that, the name Paprika is perfect for the bright orange pattern many women liked to carry in the fall.

4.Havana Rose – Current –
Although I don't own anything in this pattern (yet), when I think of Havana Rose, then I see the pattern, it is exactly what I picture. Spot on Vera, well done.

5.Very Berry Paisley – July 2010 – November 2012 -
Another name that is spot on with the pattern. Berry colors with paislies. This pattern was very popular, as you can see by its duration.

6.Sittin' in a Tree – January 2010 – March 2011 –
Ok, what sits in a tree? Birds. What's in the pattern? Birds, both obvious and hidden. Vera Bradley has had several patterns with birds in them, Barbara Bradley Baekgaard is nicknamed Birdie, but of all of the bird patterns, Sittin' in a Tree, is the most clever named

7.Floral Nightingale – September 2011 – November 2012
– Another bird pattern, obviously, but the play on “Florence Nightingale” is something Vera rarely does. The pattern itself is really cute, but you do have watch for decapitated nightingales. Pattern placement is key!

8.Canterberry Magenta/Canterberry Cobalt - September 2013 – December 2014

– Those that are not familiar with the Fort Wayne area probably don't realize how often Vera Bradley uses local places and locations in their names. I lived in Fort Wayne for several years, so I know when they've done it. These are two classic examples. Canterbury School is one of the most prestigious private schools in Indiana, and it is located in Fort Wayne. Although I don't know for sure, I have a hunch that the founders' children and/or grandchildren have attended there. I know if I had their money, my kids would be going there. Another example is the microfiber edition from several years ago, Wildwood, named after the housing edition where the cofounders lived and met. Even though the company has gone public, I hope they continue the tradition of naming patterns and editions after local places. Three Rivers represent!

9.Imperial Toile – September 2009 – November 2010 –
This pattern has the Chinese palaces throughout the design, hence Imperial. Toile is a play off of “toile de Jouy,” which is a fabric with a landscape or floral design. So Imperial Toile is a fancy way of saying, fabric with a Chinese landscape design. Very clever and fancy! Throw that fact out there whenever you're trying to impress your friends. You're welcome.

10.Hello Dahlia! - July 2010 – September 2011 –
Hopefully you think of the play Hello Dolly! Instead of the Black Dahlia. Yikes! The pattern is smothered with colorful dahlias, so chase those dark thoughts away. Another play on words, something Vera doesn't do that often with pattern names.

No comments:

Post a Comment