Laura Geller Beauty

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Top 10 Vera Bradley Bag Style

1.Saddle Up Bag – Color me shocked when this style was retired! It was the perfect crossbody for me! It had ample room, enough for my wallet, phone, keys, snacks, and a diaper. I love crossbody bags because they allow your hands to be free and make it harder for theives to snatch your bag. I have the saddle style bags in Louis Vuitton and Cath Kidston, but Vera made the best one. The pockets were easy to reach, yet protected by the flap. I didn't have to look down to flip it open to stick something in my bag. I have a lot of patterns in this style, and current similar styles from Vera are not the same.


2.Hipster –
The classic Vera Bradley bag. It's been around since forever, constantly being retooled and updated. The Hipster was one of my first bags, in Cambridge I think. Then it had a handy hidden hole in the front pocket to slip your ear buds through. It's a sleek design, best looking when it's thin. I don't usually use a Hipster because it doesn't hold as much as I need it to.

3.Pleated Tote –
I have no idea why Vera Bradley keeps messing with the availability of this bag. It's a universally popular tote. Vera fans tend to like bigger bags and this fits that bill. Sometimes they retire it, but it always comes back by popular demand.

4.Campus Backpack –
For a while this was the largest school backpack Vera Bradley made. They have recently introduced the Campus Tech Backpack, which is a home run. The Campus Tech has a place for your laptop and a trolley sleeve on the back, features not present with the original Campus Backpack. The only complaints I have heard is that the straps do not extend enough for plus-sized fans.

5.Triple Zip Hipster –
Such a great crossbody! It has a little more room than the Hipster and the rounded corners give it an updated look. The two zippered pockets on the front are easy to reach. The depth isn't as great as the Saddle Up, but it can accommodate the larger Vera Bradley wallets better than the Hipster.

6.Weekender –
What a great travel bag! I like this better than the Large Duffel because of its pockets, sturdy base, and handle options. The Grand Traveler is similar, but the Weekender is a better seller. It has enough room for a weekend getaway (hence the name).

7.Vera –
Another great large Tote! It's a little smaller than the Pleated Tote, but it's so versatile. It has six interior pockets, which to me made it a great beach bag. I've also used this to hold toys for airplane trips, a library bag, and an overnight bag. The updated version has a zippered closure, but I was fine with the original toggle closure because I could fit more in. My only complaint is the name. Sharing the same name as the company makes it hard to search for online.

8.All in One Crossbody –
So versatile! It's a crossbody, a wallet, and a wristlet. Vera keeps updating it to accommodate the changing smart phone styles, which is so smart. If you have an older phone like I do, you can get some great deals on this bag. It can hold all your cards, ID, money, receipts, etc in a compact space.

9.Backpack – I'm probably one of the few to put this on this list. The Backpack is small. It's not a school bag, unless maybe for a young girl. However, for shopping, it's functional piece. You can hold a lot in it, but it's small enough to not be burdeonsome. If you baby wear, you can have the baby in the front and backpack in the back. At one time, the Backpack  was the most used bag at the Disney parks.

10.Cargo Sling –
Like the Pleated Tote, this bag keeps coming back due to popularity. I have the older version in Java Blue and the updated version in Heather. I use this as a travel bag for my accessories. It can even fit my hair dryer! It's a crossbody, which I love. I have heard this is a good crossbody for plus-sized fans since it's one of the largest crossbodies Vera has.

1 comment:

  1. Saddle UP and Cargo Sling would be my top two. I've also carried the Small Trimmed Vera and really liked it too.

    ReplyDelete