Laura Geller Beauty

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Fort Wayne: Home Sweet Home

They're Here: Limited edition DHC x Sanrio products! While supplies last.
If you haven't heard by now, I'm moving back to Fort Wayne in a few months!! We have been trying to get back to Indiana for seven years, ever since my husband's job transferred us to San Diego. Don't get me wrong, I loved San Diego and North Dakota has been good to us (minus the winters). We have made a lot of friends and gave our children experiences we never could have if we had stayed put in Indiana. I only wish my younger two kids would have been old enough to remember them.


We've been strategically moving back from the West Coast with a pit stop in North Dakota. The plan was to be transferred to Indianapolis in the summer of 2018. I love Indianapolis and we have a lot of friends there. Plus it's halfway between my family in southern Indiana and my husband's family in Fort Wayne. However, my husband's ideal position within his company popped up about a month ago and he was eligible for the transfer. We had to make a quick decision, in about 48 hours, to decide if he should put in for it. We decided to go for it, thinking it probably wouldn't happen since he was 13th in line for the job and it's based on seniority. The position closed on Thursday and he got the call on Friday. When the transfer unit calls, you have to tell them right then and there a yes or no. 12 people had said no in less than 24 hours. My husband said yes.


I have mentioned a few times over the years that I would love to move back to Fort Wayne. I love Fort Wayne. It feels like home, the right fit. Even after four years in California I was still awed and amazed that we lived in California. I felt like a fish out of water. My husband would always tell me not to get my hopes up, Fort Wayne was a slim to no chance.


So now we are scrambling to sell our well-loved North Dakota home. We bought a fixer upper and still had major projects to get done. But they are done now! (Hence the lack of blogging and videos, sorry.) The house is spotless and ready to sell. When we move is determined by when the house sells. I'm prepared to wait, selling a home in North Dakota this close to winter could take a while. I pray we don't have the snow and cold like last winter. I think we had four blizzards? I lost count. Not a single snow day for the kids, though! Yes, they raise them tough here in ND, it has to be -10 degrees to not have outdoor recess! I remember this past March dropping off and picking my kids up in a blizzard with Category 2 winds. That was fun.


I scour the homes in Fort Wayne now. I'm embarrassed to say how much I check the Realtor.com app! We get a 10 day house hunting trip, and this time we are not only moving to a state we've been to, but I also won't be buying a home at 35 weeks pregnant (and no hope of that happening, that ship has long since sailed). We know the couple of areas we'd like to be in and are really happy to be close to family again. Even now the five hour car ride to my family is nothing compared to the days of travel to see them that we used to experience.

I look forward to doing some new things with my videos and this blog. I look forward to not only trying new things, but also going back into more depth with my beloved Vera Bradley. I can attend their local events again, live at the annual sale to help you all out, and reconnect with the wonderful employees at the flagship store in Jefferson Pointe. I also look forward to seeing more vintage Vera Bradley around Fort Wayne! Stay tuned, folks, it's going to be fun ride!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for new endeavors! It's going to feel so good to be home! Praying for safe travels and a quick sale on your ND home! I'm looking forward to a VBOS Meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Stacy, well written You are an natural. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete